Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cora's Baby Blessing


I have looked forward to the day we would bless our babies. It is something I dreamed of, as soon as we found out we were pregnant with Lilly. We have the sad misfortune of having had to bless both Lilly and Ryker in the hospital, something that is tender but not something I would like to repeat. Because Cora was so early, we decided to hopefully save her (and some other darling cousins) a nasty winter case of RSV or the flu, and so we blessed her in May. We blessed her in a dress I bought right after Lilly passed, and it was so pretty on her, but was taken off as soon as we got home, as dupioni silk is less then forgiving, plus, Cora was much more comfortable in a short cotton dress. 



It was as close to perfect of a day as possible (despite a headband malfunction and Mike getting hurt falling down the stairs). We were surrounded by our darling family, and it was just so special to see Mike hold our darling baby girl and give her a beautiful name and blessing. 


I am never the best at making sure pictures are taken, but we did a couple at the end, and I am so glad we did. Cora is so very loved I thank Heavenly Father every day for our beautiful little miracles.


My in-laws are not pictured here (they had already left), but these are my parents. They made me the person I am today, and I am so very grateful to them. I am grateful too that my in-laws raised such a wonderful son that can bless our family and be a worthy priesthood holder.  





^^^This is the gorgeous dress. I will have to take a picture of it in detail because it is just so pretty.
Cora, we love you and are so grateful you are a darling part of our family.

1 comment:

  1. That dress is BEAUTIFUL! You really do need to post more pictures of the details.

    ReplyDelete