
One year ago today, our breath was taken away by the beautiful baby that was being wheeled into our room. He came so unexpectedly. We went in because Ryker was not moving, and in a 10 hour period had only kicked twice. They monitored him for hours, and finally decided to go ahead an deliver him via c-section.

Here is a picture of our beautiful pouty boy, bugged because there was a light in his face.

This is a picture of us soothing Ryker.

Our first family picture. Right after this I started to get sick, and Ryker started screaming, the kind where you are thinking about the migraines coming your way from such a high-pitched loud scream (his APGARS were 8 and 9!!) So away he went to Primary's where after being dosed with the prostaglandins, had to be intubated.



Here is a picture of Mike holding him, the morning of his surgery. Sadly, this was the last time Mike held him, until we were holding him while he passed away. Ryker went into surgery around seven and did not come out till after 2:00 in the afternoon. It was a long day.

This is Ryker right after surgery. He was swollen and puffy. It was very difficult to see him after.

Ryker loved his stuffed horse Barley. Barley usually was used to prop up Ryker's arm , legs and breathing tube. But Ryker's favorite use of Barley was to have him in arm's reach and stroke Barley's main. A well-loved stuffed toy horse.

This is one of his favorite Aunt's coming to visit him. He is showing off his scar to her. So many of Ryker's family would come to sit with him and stroke his hair. He would just sit and stare at them, and a lot of times just snooze through the visit.

Here is a picture of me holding Ryker. This was right before I quickly handed him back. He was okay for about a whole minute before he let us know of his displeasure. It was the greatest moment for me. I had not held him for 6 weeks. It was wonderful being a Mom.

Oh you guys, words just cannot express what a beautiful and very sweet little guy Ryker was. I know this day is very hard for you both and I want you to know that I admire your strength more than any other people in the world. I know I always say that, but it's so true! I love you guys so much and just know that Ryker is looking down on his sweet parents today and is so very pleased and proud that is your sweet little boy. i love you guys, hang in there okay!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts have been with you all weekend. I can't even imagine how hard today must be. You two have incredible strength. I know Ryker is so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteAll weekend I had been thinking of you knowing that Monday was Ryker's Birthday and hoping that the anticipation of his 1st birthday and knowing he was in heaven and not in your arms. I do hope that you have been blessed with a special comfort and angel kisses on this monumental day.
ReplyDeleteHeart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
We hope that today was a good day and that it was filled with love and comfort. We have been keeping you and Mike in our thoughts all day. I always believe that through life's trials we become stronger and better people. You guys are the best!
ReplyDeleteWith many prayers,
Mike & Rebecca Patton
I have been thinking of you knowing that Ryker's Birthday was coming up. I loved your pictures of Ryker and couldn't help but smile at them. That is how I remember Ryker (and the horse). I miss you both and my heart aches for you. I am amazed by what wonderful parents you are. I was blessed enough to see you in such a personal way as we both fought for the lives of our children. You have such a beautiful grace about you. Know that I am thinking of you. We love you Ryker. Happiest Birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteWith Hope, Faith and Love,
Kaidence and her mommy
Wow, your story always amazes me. He was such a cute little guy! Pudgy cheeks and all, SO KISSABLE!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine not being able to hold my baby for six weeks. I'll think of you the next time I complain about holding Dallin ALL DAY LONG. At least I get to.
I will stop complaining starting now.
We are thinking of you guys. Wow you have been through so much. Ryker and Lilly are beautiful children. We hope you feel comfort and peace. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou two are amazing. You are so strong and such special parents. Your two little darlings are so beautiful and my heart goes out to you for all of your trials. We've prayed for you countless times. Thank you for your example.
ReplyDeleteThe two of you are simply amazing! Thank you for alwaysing being so willing to share the story of your babies! Happy birthday Ryker! My prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteOh this post has taken my breath away. He is so beautiful. He was also born on my fathers birthday (that means he was ornery).
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you. I know this has to be a very painful month for you.
Michael and Emily, I am so grateful that you found my blog. I was so happy to see your comment that I squealed!! haha. I hope we can keep in touch. I've been keeping tabs on your life over the past couple years through Chelseys mom(DEB). I have had you both in many many of my prayers. Thank you both for your strong testimonies and the example you are to me. I love you guys! hang in there!
ReplyDeleteMegan Hicken
reading what you and your husband have been through is such a short amount of time, is the most heart breaking and humbling thing I have ever done.
ReplyDeleteYou both truly are so amazing and such examples to all of us.
My heart aches for you both, but at the same time, I am so grateful that you both feel a certain peace, and are able to look toward the day when you will again hold them in your arms.
You are in our prayers. And we pray so much for peace, love and comfort to fill your hearts.
if you need ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to call. Grace is at a point where we can see a few people at a time, and I would love for you to meet her, if that would in any way be therapeutic, or even just a distraction.
I apologize if that's NOT something you would wish to do. I'm not really sure what to say, or what you would need. I just know I'd love to help in any way.
Our love is with you!
The Andersens
my email is andersen.alysia@gmail.com. and I can email you my phone number if you like. :)
Beautiful Boy.
ReplyDelete