
Two years ago today, in the wee hours of the morning, our lives were changed forever. Our sweet Lilly came into this world fighting . Lilly did not stop fighting. She loved her family and loved to be near them. She loved to be held so much that so often many a family member would come to stay the night and would hold her, so that we could get some sleep. She was adored by all who were blessed to be able to come into her presence. We feel blessed that we were able to give her a body and just pour the love out on her. The picture of Mike is probably the happiest I have ever seen him. He adored Lilly and was so proud to be her Dad. After work, knowing how physical and emotionally drained I was, he would send me out to do something for myself. Shortly after birth, Mike gave Lilly a beautiful blessing, and there was not a dry eye in the room. She had so much hair and we loved to put headbands on her. She loved Christmas music. I would go and pick up Mike and I would have Christmas music on. He would get in and change it to country and she would start her wee little mew to have him change it back. As soon as he did, she was yet again a happy girl. We miss her soo much, and long to again be with her. Death no longer holds the same dread. We look forward to being able to hold her someday!
Also, I feel blessed because not only is this day special because Lilly came into this world, we are lucky to have Lilly's best friend and cousin, share their birthdays with one another. We feel privileged to call her our niece and are grateful to have such a bright ray of sunshine to brighten our life. Happy Second Birthday Morgan!!!
Happy Birthday Lilly!
ReplyDeleteI want to thank you for the beautiful headbands you gave to the babies at the hospital today in honor of Lilly. One of those little girls is my neice. My sister LOVED the headband. I think you are fabulous Emily. Take care of yourself!
Emily and Mike,
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of you today on Lilly's birthday. We hope you feel Lilly's love for you both. Lilly is so beautiful. We can both look forward to holding our beautiful daughters again someday. We love you guys!!
Happy Birthday to your precious Lily! You can see the spirit shining through her eyes.. what an angel!!
ReplyDeleteAndrea
Happy birthday to Lilly! What a beautiful little angel. I hope that today gives you both peace and lots of memories of your sweet girl. God bless!
ReplyDeleteBernie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLY
ReplyDeleteMy family and I have you in our prayers tonight, I hope you day was as BEAUTIFUL as your daughter.
I'm glad I've been able to talk with you, even if it's Just been by Email a time or two.
Happy Birthday to Lilly! Before I read the post I was just staring at the picture thinking, "That is the happiest, most proud daddy in the world." I'm the happiest and most proud sister/aunt to be related to this family!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know I was thinking about you guys.
ReplyDeletehugs & prayers,
Christina
Happy (belated) birthday to Lilly and to her amazing mommy! Lilly is so beautiful, she resembles her mommy in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteDeath truly is not the end. I am so priviledged to know you Emily. Thank you for your incredible example.
Sincerely,
Ashley Haws
I am so proud to say that I had the privelege of meeting sweet little Lilly and I want you to know that you guys are the greatest parents to her. I thought of you guys all day and I'm so glad that I was able to talk to you Mike. You guys are the best and I am proud to say you are our friends.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize they were both born in October. I've got tears just thinking of hour difficult this month must be for you.
ReplyDeleteYour both lovely people and I wish you much happiness.
Happy Birthdays to both Ryker and Lilly.