Thursday, August 28, 2008
F.Y.I.
I talked to our caseworker today, and she told us that come next Wednesday, for sure no later then Thursday, our adoption profile will be online! We have written, re-written, collaged, re-collaged, letters, pictures, paid the "down-payment", done the interviews, both together and separate, deep-cleaned the house for the home study (which we actually did not have to be SO hardcore, but oh-well) and signed and copied all the paperwork we needed. Whoever said adoption is the 'EASY" way out has OBVIOUSLY never adopted! But we are so grateful to be done (and apparently in record time, as so many and even our Caseworker have informed us!) Who knew that two months was fast?! So whoo-hoo, school is here, and we are done with everything on our side so that now we can focus on our classes and just let time fly by! Please keep the prayers coming, they are much needed and very much appreciated! We know we will be blessed with our baby that is meant to be ours. I got to see another adoption at work this week, and talk to the adopted parents quite a bit. IT was inspiring, as all involved truly gave me some hope! Our niece Gracie had a rocky night a couple of nights ago. She is doing okay now, they are just trying to get her extubated, which is NOT easy at all. It is hard to not get frustrated. I remember crying at Ryker's bedside, telling the nurses and Doctors that it seemed Ryker would never be able to be extubated. I hit this point when Ryker was six weeks, one week before he passed away. It is soo hard to watch your baby struggle. You want so badly for them to be healthy, and not have to experience the many pains of this world. So our prayers are with you heart families, and know that we are praying that there will peace in your lives! Well, I had better go and do some homework!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mike and Emily,
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so amazing. We will pray for you. The two of you are so inspiring! I'm glad things seem to be in order for the adoption process to "begin". I hope things move smoothly for you.
Good luck with school! You guys will make great nurses!
Emily, it was sooooo awesome to meet you! I can now cross that off of my life goals! :) You and your hubby and truly changed my way of thinking. I will never be able to express to you how much you have influenced me. Thank you for your INCREDIBLE example.
We really do need to get together sometime! Maybe we can plan something when we see eachother at the fun run...???
Hope your first week of school was fabulous!
Your friends,
Nic, Ashley, and Mercy Haws
I have been stalking your blog for some time now, and I must say your family is beautiful. I hope and pray all continues to go well for you and that you have many more beautiful children.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading about your struggles, and yes even blessings,you have helped me to rediscover the simple miracles of everyday. Thank you so much for helping me see my many blessings.
hahahaha! Sucker! You have to do homework...oh wait. So do I. Crap, gotta go. Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm pretty sure that it was my letter that REALLY got your adoption moving...oh wait! I'm the one that held it up. NM ;)
P.P.S. I'm pretty sure all your blog stalkers think I'm psycho... WOOT! :D
P.P.P.S. When are we going to be friends again and hangout? GOSH!
Yes, two months is fast! I think our record is closer to three months. Congrats on that! Good luck with school. That should keep you busy!
ReplyDeleteWow, I agree that was fast! I think it took us 3 months. We're so happy for you guys and are praying that you get blessed with one of these precious bundles of joy soon.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with school and I'll see you Emily at work in less than 6 weeks (sniffle-time goes by too fast, especially when you wish it would last forever)
I remember that great anticipation of having my 5 week old extubated but also the huge amount of anxiety and fear I had. I so desperately wanted to hold him but also wanted him to be READY when they extubated him. It's so hard to be patient and even harder to feel helpless. I remember thinking how ironic it was that I was this highly capable adult in perfect health and the only person who could help my sick baby was MY BABY!! I thanked him every day for being so strong and fighting so hard. My thoughts are with your brother, his wife, and little Grace. You of all people know what they are going through, and they are SO LUCKY to have you guys there supporting them.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear how the adoption process goes for you. I think the two of you are one of the most loving couples I know!!! :o)
Gourleys! I am so happy you made a comment on our blog, so I could find yours! It is so cute. I am sorry sorry that people have to say the stupidest things! I mean really, do you miss Ryker? What kind of question is that? I can understand the silly things that come out of people's mouths. Good luck with the adoption. That is so neat. You guys are the greatest! We'll be praying for you. We're excited to see you at the fun run, you will be there, right? :) Let me know if I can help with anything. We love you guys and hope you are doing okay. And we hope Gracie gets extibated soon! With hugs and lots of love,
ReplyDeleteBen and Teea and our angel baby, who is probably playing with yours! :)
Yeah for you!!!! I am so happy for you both. You are awesome parents and the little kiddo that will become yours will be so very lucky to have you and Mike to teach them, care for them and love them. I watched how you cared for Ryker.
ReplyDeleteI am sad that I have never run into you up at the hospital. I'll keep watching for you. You are in our hearts and prayers. Call me sometime so we can get together. I miss you!!!
Ya and congrats on getting started ~ Adoption rocks. :) It's super hard to wait once you've been chosen, and was even more hard waiting until those papers are signed and your baby is 'officially yours'. I got told to "protect my heart" and to remember that 'our babies' weren't ours until the paperwork was complete. However, once I saw my sweet twins, there was no sort of 'protecting my heart' I was instantly attached, in love, and knew they were mine and that I was a mommy. Thank heavens our twins birthmom was strong enough to agree. :) Crazy times and oh so very awesome!! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete