Sunday, April 13, 2008

Update


I have not posted in while about Gracie Gledhill. She is truly a modern-day miracle. Prayers are being answered and she is truly an inspiration to all. Here is a picture of her this morning. She is so beautiful! Her eyes remind me of Ryker's!
They took her off of ECMO after being on it for 12 days. They closed her chest successfully too on Friday, and they have started to feed her. Feeding brings in a whole slew of potential for new problems. Ryker hit just about every one that you can possible hit (chylothorax, feeding tubes tearing his stomach and having a massive GI bleed, just to name a few!) So we pray things go well for her, Thank-you for your prayers, I know they have truly helped with the miracle!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your post. We call our son, Strider, "Tiny." We call him that because he is our tiny miracle. He is our 5th child. We lost our third child to SIDS at six weeks and one day old. So, I feel a little of your pain. I'm a true believer in the plan of salvation, and I'm looking forward to meeting my son, Wyatt, again. Strider was on ECMO because of Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension (PPH). His lungs would not oxygenate his blood. He was also battling a bacterial infection of some sort, and he has an abnormal hole in his heart. He is alive and well, and he has beat all the odds! He gets another ultrasound on his heart this month, and we hope the hole has closed. I'm so glad you found my blog, and I hope you keep in touch. I haven't heard from Gracie's mom, but I'm sure she's busy. I hope she doesn't find my occasional posts annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am waiting for the headbands! I will add you to my list of favorite blogs, so we can keep in contact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be keeping this precious baby in our prayers. Your family continues to be an inspiration to ours.

    ReplyDelete